Of fickle pickles and dichotomous minds...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sleepless in Singga-poh

Good God it's already 4.20 am? Where're the kambings when I need them, dammit. Reality has hit me hard... REAL hard - not that I've been glued to my screen for 5 hours straight, but that I've been "graping" for three solid months now. And the damn ticker is ticking like it's never ticked before *insert irate emoticon here*. Granted, I'm blessed with the faungkay task of adding drama to kids' lives... but that's simply a fleeting phase; I couldn't possibly journey through the end poles of Singapore my entire friggin' life now can I?

It's ironic how giving advice to someone is so simple but oh so not when the tables are turned around. So here I am, at the age of twenty-three, still brimming with the hope that I'd secure that airline job soon (an airborne waitress was never an option, oh kay), REAL soon. And that hopefully, my mom would be able to retire and age gracefully too, just like the Golden Girls. Okay maybe minus the locks. But do I need to fork out a bomb just to chuck the resume-writing duties to some never-before-heard-of company? Does it take me to have some pisang skin on or a gazillion applications before I'm fully considered? Where are all the lobangs when I need them? I don't know. As what I advised Kotak myself, patience is one helluva virtue. And so patient is what I shall be, wait and pray is what I shall do. Let's just hope the glass won't run out of my positive dose anytime soon.

And yes, another reason why the kambings just ain't jumping over the fence at all - my girlfriends. I miss my girlfriends. Long lost Rempahz and Musketeers, some whose batang hidungs I haven't seen in months. Four five months maybe? No doubt, Kotak has been there for me come rain or shine, seen me in my deepest pits and (well, weow as this may sound) highest summits too. This I must make clear to myself for sure cos he's the one who's helped me break down my walls all these years and to face my true-est emotions deep within (and I thank you for that, Dear).

But friends, it's just a whole new dimension, especially when it comes to defining one's identity. And helping to define one's identity through one's important formative years is definitely the role that friends play, to me. Now, at this phase of our lives, we all lead separate ways. Planning isn't as simple as it used to be. Neither are commitments now too. The fact that I am, by nature, more of an SMS person rather than a phone chatter doesn't help solve the situation either. But it's just so hard to talk on the phone to someone whose lives you haven't been keeping tabs on for eons. It sure doesn't mean I don't miss them... or the good ol days, I really do, and I hope we could relive them soon, especially since Rempahz' nine-year anniversary falls on today's date *hopes indefinitely once again*.

So yep, guess I won't be seeing much of the sheep until the grapes disappear and the spices and knights do arrive.

Yay to the good ol mentah days (courtesy of Sher's old blog) -

Posh, Scary, Baby, Ginger, Sporty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home